As the leaves begin to turn from green to auburn, apples of all varieties abound! These quintessential autumn fruits taste delectable on their own, but they also pair wonderfully with savory and sweet elements. Check out my favorite autumnal apple pairings below:
- Slice apples and dip the slices into peanut butter. Not a fan of peanut butter? Try almond butter or cashew butter instead!
- Calling all cheese connoisseurs…enjoy a slice of Parmesan cheese atop a round of apple. The apple rounds serve as a crunchy substitution for crackers.
- Cube apples into bite size pieces and roast with cubed root vegetables such as beets, carrots, and parsnips.
- Dip apple wedges into Greek yogurt, and then sprinkle granola on top. This Greek yogurt parfait–reversed–is fun to make and to eat!
- Take a riff off of vegetable chips and prepare apple chips. Sprinkle the raw apple chips with a bit of olive oil and then top with cinnamon and nutmeg for seasoning. Roast until crunchy.
What are your favorite varieties of apples? What are your favorite ingredients to pair with apples?
Until Next Week…Plan Well, Pack Well, Live Well,